Saturday, August 18, 2012

Paint Presque Isle



What an experience, my first Paint Presque Isle.  I had made a trip to Caribou a few weeks ago and spotted this beautiful barn on the Caribou Rd and wanted to stop and take pictures of it, but didn't.  Must have been a sign that I would be using it as my Paint Presque Isle location.

I checked in at 930 wearing my pink flamingo PJ's -one should be comfortable while painting.

I set up in a mowed field just off the main road which was quite nice considering the high traffic.  I stuck in my ear buds and didn't notice a thing.  I had a few visitors -one passer-by and a reporter from the Star Harold--maybe my flamingo pjs will make the paper, one can hope.

My painting was finished around 200 and I got back home in time to realize how tanned I got and to get ready for the auction (couldn't wear my pjs). 

It was pretty awesome to see my work on display with more well known local artists.  It was even more awesome when my painting sold.  It didn't sell for an extreme amount of money, only $60.00 but that's okay considering the more well known artists were selling for 100-200. 

I was a little surprised that more artists didn't get involved in the event, I think there were only around seven.  Compared to all the art students and working artists I would have thought more would have participated.

All in all it was a hot, tiring, yet very fun learning experience and I will definitely do it again next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment