Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tie Dye Day

My son made a beautiful tie dyed shirt in his second grade class last week.  I loved the shirt so much I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a tie dye kit and a bunch of t shirts.  My daughter and her boyfriend were here for the weekend so they got in on the dying too.

I have never tried tie dying before, I just figured it was too complicated.  Today i discovered it is pretty simple, messy but simple.












My son did his t shirt first -the black and brown one-which he stood by and supervised my doing it for him.  Jeremy did the black and red one, Megan did the elaborate spiral.  I then got my other daughter to do a bulls-eye -which she did mostly herself.  Then finally I did the peace sign.  I messed up a little on the top it looks more like a heart than a circle but close enough for first try. 
They still have a few shirts waiting in bags to rinse out and dry in the morning. 
We will be doing more on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment